Based in Breda, The Netherlands
2017 Precise date TBA
Defend Your Friend is a truly co-operative puzzle game. Both players are not just important, but vital - each with a unique role to fulfill. Through working together, combining their abilities and having each other's back players make their way through carefully crafted puzzles inside an imposing ancient temple. Getting to understand the inner workings of the temple, and hopefully venture off to freedom. With its accessible controls it is easy to pick up for new players, and is perfect for introducing people to gaming!
Defend Your Friend started as the second project in our second year of studying at the NHTV. It was intended to just be a quarter-year project, but due to the amount of positive feedback, as well as interest from Sony and our own motivation to keep working on the game - we continued.
- Something you can use to introduce a non-experienced friend or family member to gaming
- Local co-op to experience working together and high-fiving intensely
- Online co-op to ensure you can play with friends you can't always meet with
- Full controller support
- Challenging and interesting puzzles to solve
- A high concentration of lasers
- A strange and beautiful temple to explore
- The ability to defend your friend!
Pre-alpha trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
There are currently no logos or icons available for defend your friend. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
Awards & Recognition
- "Indievelopment 'Best game of show 2016' award" As we were showcasing our game at indievelopment we ended up winning the main prize!
- "NHTV's 'Best gameplay design' award second years 2016" We received the award for best gameplay design twice for both semesters this year, among our fellow second year games
- "Defend Your friend is the type of strategy puzzle game that will either strengthen your bonds of friendship, or make you flip your table over and throw your buddy out the window."
- Nick, Oneangrygamer, www.Oneangrygamer.net
- "(...) een van de winnaars van het Indievelopment Award: Defend Your Friend."
- Kokswijk, www.365gaming.nl, www.Oneangrygamer.net
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
By Mythili Mahendran soundcloud.com.
We're Frenemies, creating games to enjoy together - as friends or as enemies! Currently developing Defend Your Friend, a truly co-operative puzzle game for two players.
More information on Frenemies, our logo & relevant media are available here.
defend your friend Credits
design lead / generalist
designer / generalist
Ruben van de Velde
Mark van de Luijtgaarden