Based in Breda, The Netherlands
April 21st, 2016
Press / Business contact:
Defend Your Friend
+31 (6) 12 98 80 97
We're Frenemies, creating games to enjoy together - as friends or as enemies! Currently developing Defend Your Friend, a truly co-operative puzzle game for two players.
Before founding Frenemies, we worked as a team together on Defend Your Friend - which started off as one of our school projects. Due to the positive feedback it received, and our interest in going further with the game, we formed a company with part of the team that wanted to continue. And thats us: Frenemies!Current situation
Right now we're a team of 7 game developers, consisting of three programmers, two artists and two designers/generalists. We're developing Defend Your Friend which we aim to release the second half of 2017 (More precise date TBA).
Defend Your Friend - Trailer YouTube
Defend Your Friend - Pre-alpha gameplay YouTube
There are far more images available for Frenemies, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Indievelopment 'Best game of show 2016' award" - As we were showcasing our game at indievelopment we ended up winning the main prize!
- "NHTV's 'Best gameplay design' award second years 2016" - We received the award for best gameplay design twice for both semesters this year, among our fellow second year games
- "Defend Your friend is the type of strategy puzzle game that will either strengthen your bonds of friendship, or make you flip your table over and throw your buddy out the window."
- Nick, Oneangrygamer, www.Oneangrygamer.net
- "(...) een van de winnaars van het Indievelopment Award: Defend Your Friend."
- Kokswijk, www.365gaming.nl, www.Oneangrygamer.net
We were greenlit with Defend Your Friend on steam in May 2016. The information on our greenlight page is still very relevant to our current vision of the game. steamcommunity.com.
Team & Repeating Collaborator
design lead / generalist
designer / generalist
Ruben van de Velde
Mark van de Luijtgaarden